Sunday, November 16, 2014

Kevin

This week has been really difficult.  Strange and bittersweet.  The day immediately following the last blog post, my good friend Kevin passed away at some point in the night.  I wrote about him briefly in an earlier blog post, he was the friend of mine who I asked "why are you in a wheelchair?" (post from July).  I miss him greatly and wish there was more time to hang out.  Tons of questions were raised in my mind and some anger at some point.  The community here has been amazing...that is something positive.

I wanted to take a quick moment to share his blog posts for you to read.  They give a glimpse into his heart and chronicle some of his struggles.  It has been one of the biggest blessings to call him friend and to have meals and conversations together over this past year.  I would encourage you to take time out to read the four posts he did over the past two years.  Here is the link:

Living With Amy - Kevin


Today I am working on school work, have fallen a bit behind.  I will be traveling home for Christmas and am excited to see how Aubrey has grown!  Yesterday we went to a retreat for church,  was so good to be away from Fuller for a day and to reflect on all that is happening.  It strengthened my faith and re-focused my mind on all that must be done before Christmas this year.  Sometimes we need that time away to re-charge.

Here is a song that was blasting in my bedroom this morning, felt like a good singer when I couldn't hear my voice singing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON