Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I walk slow

I smell of chlorine.  My mom has decided to swim this whole week.  Today as we walked in the guy at the front desk called us frequent flyers.


"I walk slow.  Take my hand, help me on my way."  That line from this song has been playing in my head.  Probably for two reasons.  1 because I walk slow with my knee issues and 2 because I am slowly walking, metaphorically.  Jesus is by my side and it makes me so happy!  I know, man o man, do I KNOW that I can place everything, all my fears, my future, all my thoughts, all those illusions, into his hands.  The coolest thing about it all, is that from believing and doing that - I feel so loved.  And when I feel so loved, I feel so happy, and when I feel so happy, I love other people and when I love other people, Jesus is loving on them too!  You get me?

So.  I sin.  I fail.  I mess up.  I cry - BUT - God covers me in his grace and loves me through it all.  He picks me up, dusts me off, and holds my hand while I walk slow.  Grateful beyond words.  Fixing my eyes on Jesus.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Hebrews 12:1-3

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON