Friday, March 22, 2013

Spotlight on Lisie and Shelby

This Blog Entry is for Lisie and Shelby because they encourage me to keep writing!  Thank you.

So this is what I am going to do tonight.  I'm going to talk about their awesomeness.

Lisie is my youngest sibling.  She is almost 21.  She's almost a full grown woman - and she is almost cooler than me.  Almost.  When I type Lisie into dictionay.com nothing comes up, and that is because she is everything.  haha!  Sorry, I had to throw a line in there somewhere.  ...and I really did type Lisie into dictionary.com.

eh em...(clear throat here)  This upcoming summer Lisie will be traveling to Kenya with her friend Hayley to spend time with her good friends on a Hill.  Presently there are about 100 orphan kids living on that hill, and from what I hear, they are full of energy and love.  Lisie loves the kids and I am encouraged by her high energy personality and focus on loving others as a child of God and sister of Alison.  You can learn more about Oasis For Orphans AQUI (here).

Shelby is my friend.  Shelby and I met at an International Teams training in Illinois.  It was there that we found out that we would both be traveling to Cochabamba, Bolivia, I don't think we understood at that moment just how cool that is.  Shelby has been working hard these past few weeks on a center that is being built for kids and their families to work on homework and learn about the love of Christ.  Shelby how old are you?  I think Shelby is 19.  I am so encouraged by Shelby's desire to live a life for Christ and by the love that she has for others.  Shelby is a deep person and just like you and me has a whole lot going on, and if you want to learn more about her, I would encourage you to read her blog HERE

oh and Me?  I'm doing alright.  It has been really humbling to have a knee that is hurting.  I want to be active so bad and have been itching to run and practice soccer for 3 months now.  Instead I stretch, swim, and bike.  I"m grateful that I can do some type of activity but sometimes can get so frustrated with the limited movements. So I do not say this lightheartedly.  Please don't take your health for granted and get out there and be active!!  Our bodies our amazing and so is nature, so you put those together and it can be a pretty great experience.  And if you are reading this and have health limitations, think positively and be grateful for what you do have.  Breathe once, breathe twice, and on that third time thank God for this life because even in pain, discomfort, and limitations, it's good to be alive.
I heard this somewhere, and I really liked it

My mom doing stretches on a balance beam - she won a competition for weight loss at the gym!!!

I spend a lot of time in this room while God spends a lot of time cleaning up this messy heart and sometimes I just need a good flurry from mcdonalds to make it feel better

MUSIC



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON