Wednesday, September 6, 2017

A Change in Seasons

I would be re missed if nothing made it onto the blog during this part of the journey.  It's probably one of the top five favorite seasons in life thus far, might even make it to the number one spot by October.  I think you would understand and agree considering the exciting news of engagement!  That's right, this Garza girl is engaged!  After 29 years, and many ups and downs and turn arounds, that annoying question of who I will spend the rest of my life with has been answered - It's Michael!

To describe this season, of course, a hot cup of coffee, brisk breeze from the window and warm haze of a candle are all involved in setting the mood.  It has been joy filled and a gift of time to have spent these last few months with family as the details come together.  Due to the fairly unpredictable nature of our jobs, and of course our strong desire to begin life together, Michael and I have decided to plan a wedding within four months.  Just in time to enjoy the fall and drink many pumpkin spice lattes while watching the leaves change colors.  There is a ridiculous amount of symbolism in the changing seasons and so it is fitting that we get to tie the knot (as they say) as the seasons rapidly change here in the mid west.

Today, my sister and I went for our first dress fitting and it was super fun to feel like a princess. This week we will be selecting the music and working on a guest book.  I will save you from the boredom of listing all the other wedding details that must take place; please rest assured they will be completed in time. T Minus 45 days away.

Aside from all of the wedding details, Lisie and I have spent many days together training for the Chicago Marathon.  It has been difficult to keep up the pace as the miles continue to increase, we are up to run a 16 mile run this weekend.  In case you are wondering, it is not a walk in the park.  It's over two hours of sweaty effort as my achy knees pound the pavement reminding me that 30 is around the corner.  Podcasts have been a saving grace.

Here are some of our engagement photos.







Love,

Alison


2 comments:

  1. One time in my life I would like to go to a lover this way.


    สมัคร gclub

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON