Thursday, September 20, 2018

Writing just to Write

I have this love/hate relationship with writing. 

I usually love writing when I don't have time to write and can fantasize about the next time I get to sit down and create something beautiful with words.  Maybe it's the clarity I've been seeking all along.

I usually hate writing when all I have to do is write and I literally can't take a break because of some crazy due date.  The crazy due date, used to be my fault due to tight deadlines.  But now, because of the line of work I am in, emergencies and relief work, it's just always tight deadlines.

This past week I have been visiting family in the States and it has been SO GOOD to be home - but also SO BAD to be stuck at my computer for a majority of the time.  I have spent at least 12 hours writing today.  And today I hated writing.

It's 3 AM.  Michael is sleeping.  I should be sleeping.
But then I remembered that I used to really enjoy writing on this blog, that there are fun things to write about, things that seem to mean nothing at all but add up to a story somehow.

So I want to start writing again, for no other good reason then to write, and to share the journey that has been happening.  Because it has been a crazy one.

On that note, this was short, and sweet, but at least I wrote something!! Here is hoping for more blogs along the way.

Peace,

in the middle east.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON