Friday, August 10, 2012

Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires.  Where am I right now? Why, I am so glad you asked.  I am in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  We arrived here this past Monday and have since been staying in a hostel with people from all over the world.  It has been an experience.

B.A. Is a fast paced city, where people walk fast, dress cool, and eat well.  Going from Cochabamba to Buenos Aires was quite the culture shock, especially when our first night on the town took place during rush hour.  It was like we entered into rat race to no where.  I don't think we mentally prepared for a tourist stay vaycay.  The reason for this trip was to extend my visa in Bolivia, using out personal savings, another intern and I bought tickets to Argentina for a ten day get away.  Except, really, we dont want to get away.  While it is awesome to see a new city and to experience a new culture, we were just beginning to set roots in Bolivia and quite honestly I am excited to return to Cochabamba and spend more time with friends and families there.

Meanwhile, we tour, we walk, we eat, and we eat more, and did I mention, we eat.  We eat so much food, because my travel partner is a chef and she lovvvvvves food.  I never knew that food and passion could be so closely intertwined.  Today I ate steak at a Parilla.  It was delicious and Devon explained to me why it was so good, something to do with tenderness.  One time we had steak in Bolivia and I thought it was delicious and mentioned how it tasted like beef jerky.  Devon kindly pointed out that steak is not supposed to be beef jerky, true.  You learn something new everyday.

Today we also walked to a bus terminal.  Dear mom, I have street smarts.  I felt someone was following us, and so I stopped abruptly and changed our direction, he did the same, and so I saw the nearest security person and steered that way immediately.  I than openly looked his way and explained to Devon that he was following us.  No probs, he left immediately.  Anyways, at the bus terminal we learned that it is very expensive to travel to iguazu falls.  We had originally planned to take a bus there but now it is looking as if those plans will change and well spend the remaining timed in Buenos Aires.  We are here until next Thursday.

There is this zoo here where you can pet lions!!  I asked the tour guide if the lion was dieing and that's why people could hug them but he just explained that they Are domesticated since birth. Strange.  We haven't gone yet, I only saw photos.

I feel so old.  It's almost midnight here and I am ready to sleep.  The majority of the hostel people's are out experiencing the night life.  Devon is sleeping, I discreetly took away her iPad which I am currently typing on.  :)  sleep well world, I am going to put on the headphones and sleep.

Alison Garza

1 comment:

  1. I say, go to Igazu Falls! I checked it out on the web and they are one of the new 7 wonders of the world! Seriously....this may be your only chance.

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON