Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Goodnight

WOO - I am tired.  I should be in my bed right now trying to catch up on some sleep, but I am not.  In the past two days Devon and I have had two sleepovers.  The first night was with the kids from the orphanage and the second was with girls from the church. We are beyond tired.

Tonight was my last night at homeless ministry.  This time we all hung around a bit longer to talk and one by one they all told me their goodbyes.  I was told that my plane won't be able to leave because they are going to lay down in front of it.    One man pulled out a little notebook and showed me my name written down explaining that every night he prays for me and some other people that he has written down.  However, a really good point was made that although I am not able to be there with them physically, I am able to be there with them spiritually through prayer.  I am really going to miss the people from plaza principal - I can't e-mail them, call them, facebook them, or send them mail.  It is a new kind of goodbye that is bittersweet and makes me want to return to Bolivia all the more.

Tomorrow night will be my final goodbye gathering as friends from church and different ministries gather to wish me a safe trip home.  I am so excited about the evening and seeing everyone together in the same place at the same time.  In order to be fully present, I suppose the wise thing to do now is to get some sleep.  Sleep well and have a good rest of the week.  See you soon.

Alison Garza

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that is we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him. - 1 John 5:14

Sons and Daughters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON