Monday, April 15, 2013

Beautiful Eulogy - what makes your heart flip?

This is a great group with great lyrics - been on repeat today


I just got off a skype call with a friend from Bolivia - it was my first time speaking with her since I'd left.  It was amazing how seeing her face filled my heart with so much happiness and joy - felt like I could do tons of flips and jump off the walls.  Lately, I've been paying extra special attention to the things that make my heart do flips.  Seeing Clara tonight was one of them.  Other things in no particular order.

-Watching the night sky pass by
-Cranking up music that I believe in
-Juggling a soccer ball in spring weather (the one time I did it)
-Rain and car lights
-Chocolate chips because our whole house is deprived of ALL chocolate
-Talking to Grandpa on the phone
-Driving with the window down

There's more, but the thought just crossed my mind that this might bore people.  The point is - those small things that make your heart flip with excitement, are things to be thankful for, and the list is endless.  Because even in the midst of hard times, bad news, or seemingly hopeless situations - those small things are still there.

Hearing about today's bombs in Boston broke my heart - I was shocked.  I was horrified.  And I was overcome with anger all over again about the injustices that are in our world.  Why?  Why?  Why?  and How can I do something?  How can I help?  Where is God?  God's present, and he's saying when you point that finger at me - do you see those three pointing back at you - I"m right there with you.  Created for a purpose.  Galations 2:20

My purpose is to live a hippy life minus the sex, drugs, and alcohol.  It's all about love yo.  Love no matter what, Love no matter who, and Love no matter how much it hurts.

The other night I couldn't sleep so I youtubed the bible series scenes on my phone and watched a couple of clips - the one that struck me the most was the one with Peter walking on the water towards Jesus.  At the end Jesus says - "Peter, you of little faith, why did you doubt, you need to be strong?"
That would hurt so much to hear Jesus say, "Alison, why did you doubt me?"  However, I'm pretty sure that is something he would say to me.  He would say, Alison, where was your faith when you worried, when you pondered, when you chose another option?  I don't want to be at that place.  The peace that passes understanding that God gives, can only come from trusting in God - his promises - and in understanding who he is - all knowing, all powerful, life-giving, loving, and the list goes on.  So - I take these small little heart flip moments as listed above as a reminder of God's goodness and of the beautiful life he gives.

My cheeks get wet every now and then. Even when I give my best, I know I fall short.
I get scared when the balls in my court. Focussed on, my
performance, wretched and poor. It makes the message more
real when I preach it. I'm not there yet so I'm reaching,
reaching for a goal, to stand before my King and be speechless.
Then, never again, will I question if his grace is
sufficient to cover my sin. Cause death is gone, and all
the effects of, evil and wrong will be conquered when His
kingdom comes. So this is my hope and my prayer. The air
that I'll breath in eternity with lungs that never fail
me. If it pleases my Lord, and only by Your grace, use my
life till it's poured out for Your sake. Until then I'll
remain where You have me, with joy when I feel unhappy. And
a peace that surpasses all my understanding, my life is in
the hands of Your love everlasting.

- Beautiful Eulogy -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON