Thursday, June 20, 2013

Music to my ears

Today a couple of songs have been on my heart and mind...on replay...and generally the songs that I really really like, I really really like because they express deep feelings or what I am going through.  Isn't that generally how it works anyways?

The first one - Oh my God - by Jars of Clay
I get excited when I listen to this, because it has so many memories attached.  A favorite since childhood, it talks about the injustices that are going on in our world and questions all of it.  There is so much injustice going on and it just isn't cool.  It's painful to think of all the pain that people go through in this life.  Listening to this song reminds me why in the world I am so gosh dern passionate about spreading God's love.  And I get excited.

The second song - JJ Heller - Who you are
"sometimes I don't know what you're doing, but I know who you are."  Ain't that the truth!  I really don't know what God is doing - but I sure know how he loves us.  God's in control.

The third song - Mercy Mercy - Hillsong United
Woke up wanting to hear this song.  Started off the day right.  Mercy Mercy bring me to my knees.

Arrest my heart
From its reckless path
Release the chains in me
Awake my soul
To the hope You hold
Your grace is all I need

And some photos...
campfire and community


Rediculous amount of papers to make the decision.  


Lisie is training for a marathon!!!!

Willow Creek Fathers day service - Fathers playing guitars

Hillsong United Concert





Royal Family Kids Camp - week long camp for foster kids

And this is me after - sick and exhausted.   I'm almost at 100 percent now!  Melissa came from Kansas for the weekend and was able to comfort me with her interesting stories...;)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON