Friday, June 28, 2013

Be Still


His grace is sufficient for me, for His power is made perfect in weakness.  To Him a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like a day.  The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want....Be still and know that I am God...

Be Still and Know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

I fear being still because in the stillness, I might feel so alone.  Instead - in the silence and stillness I am reminded of God's love for us, and just how BIG He is.  I am reminded how short this life is, and the importance of making every moment count.  I am reminded that God is in control of everything and how much I need God's grace.  He renews my hope for the present and future, and reminds me that I am never alone.

Something beautiful happens in the stillness.  To be outside, and to see the intricacies of everything that God has made, and to understand but not really understand the bigger picture and to reflect on all the crazy ways that God works.  To have the ability to give thanks in the midst of good times and bad, and to be surrounded by God's love.  It begs the question, why am I not still more often?






As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts (says the Lord) - Isaiah 55:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON