Sunday, January 13, 2013

Trailblazer

As I finish graduate school applications I've been trying to figure out who I really am - I figure that is important to know while writing out your future goals.  Two days ago I asked my mom the following -

Me:  "Mom, am I a leader or a follower?"
Mom:  "Hm, How about trailblazer?"
Me:  "What does that mean?"
Mom:  "It means you are neither a leader or a follower, you do your own thing and no one follows."

I don't know whether to take that as an insult or compliment - but every day you learn something new.  Yesterday mom and I worked out for two hours straight, she complained the rest of the day about how much time we wasted.  She also has been complaining about losing weight...that's a new one.  Apparently it is uncool to lose weight before a scheduled weigh in (this Wednesday) so all these work outs we have been doing are really in vain.  ;)

Yesterday I finally began to process my time in Bolivia with a friend so expect an update on that soon.  Things are slowly beginning to pick up and it is a good thing because I was starting to devise some crazy "trailblazer" ideas in my head - I'll save those for later.

Peace friends,

Alison Garza
Be Healed - Paper route

Franz and I the day I left.  I cried saying goodbye to these kids - never thought that would happen. 

Please pray for these kids and especially marcelino (top left, red shirt) who is in the hospital tonight after bleeding profusely today.

Last time swimming with the kids, cold water but totally worth it




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON