Monday, January 28, 2013

I Get it

What have I learned during my 6 months in Bolivia?  I have learned what it means to surrender.  I finally get it.

I am putting my hands up and bowing my head down.  God created me, he knows me better than I could ever know or understand myself.  God knows how to use me, where to use me, and when to use me.  I'm done trying to figure it all out.  I am giving up my hopes, my dreams, my future plans, who I am, who I want to be, and who I think I should be.  It means I trust God with open doors, closed doors, one foot in front of the other.  It means not worrying about present circumstances but believing that God is who he says he is.  That's my King  - I wonder do you know him?  - Lockridge

Proverbs 4:25
Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you:
Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.
Do not swerve to the right or left; keep your foot from evil.

This season in life is full of thanksgiving.  That thanksgiving overflows into this strong Jesus Freak like desire to love.  Right before my trip to Bolivia a new song started playing on the radio called The Proof of your Love.   I am here to love God and love others more than myself.  I get it.  One step at a time and daily surrender - here we goes....

Proof of your Love - For King and County

Life is full of light and shadow 
O the joy and O the sorrow
When shadow falls on us, we will not fear, we will remember -David Crowder Band


You are the light of the world - like a city on a hilltop that can not be hidden. - Matthew 5:14



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON