Monday, July 16, 2012

Wave your Flag, and than it goes Wag

I"M BACK!

We had a few days away to pray and meet and relax and see the direction the team here is headed.  I am very excited for what the future holds and will continue to research these next few weeks.

Since I've been here I haven't really felt in much danger per se - but there have been some funny things that afterwards makes you scratch your head and be like - oh - probably not the safest.

- like having one foot inside of a trufi/bus type thing and the rest of your body hanging outside as you hold on to the door panel...it was really crowded and I was the last one in.
- or riding in a taxi with a huge tank in the back.  "Alison, that's full of natural gas - do you know why we don't use natural gas like that in the States?"  "No...please tell me."  "because if you crash you're pretty much guaranteed to blow up."  "OH...ohhhhhhhh"  Um - with the crazy driving they have here - accidents are  almost a sure thing.  Supa cool. Livin' life on the edge!
- I'll also add getting barked at by gangs of dogs as you pass their territory - not really dangerous because I act all super tough and like DONT MESS.

Yesterday we were walking to the supermarket and there was a girl trying to remove a dead dog from the middle of the street.  It's buddies (dogs) were protecting it and so everytime she tried to pick it up they would growl and bark and go after her.  We tried to help her all we could - but the angry friend dog didn't have a collar indicating that it had it's rabbi shot - and I don't have that shot either so...I did what I could which was have my friend distract that dog.

I woke up this morning supa pumped up about life.  Blasted music - danced around - drank some water.  The usual.

This song pumps me up and the video just adds to it Wavin' Flag - K'naan (click it - it is a YOUTUBE video because yes we have it in this country *coughyouknowwhoyouare*)

Monday = funday

Alison Garza


2 comments:

  1. Hey girl stay safe! Just remember stay confident and say a lil prayer. I'm proud of you

    Xoxo
    Laura Lovsin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool that you commented on my blog - I just wrote you a letter and sent it with someone flying back to the States. Bad news - I realized it might have been your old address after she left!! Hope you get it!!

      Delete

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON