Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What is going on

My muscles hurt.  These past few days I've been trying to use up these sessions I have left at a gym.  This morning we did jumpo.  Jumpo is trampoline aerobics - and it is AWESOME.  We jumped all cool to different beats and my heart was beating so fast at different points.  I would have never thought a mini trampoline could be so cool.

What has been going on in Bolivia ville?  For my friends birthday we took an afternoon trip to a waterfall.  The waterfall is just water running down a steep drop at this point because it's the dry season here - and it was also freeeeezing.  But you only get to touch freezing water from a dieing waterfall once - so we brought our swimsuits and took turns leaning against the wall with the freezing water hitting us.  Super cold.  There was a also a dark underground tunnel that went through the mountain with water about knee deep.  We were told that bats are inside and if they land on your shoulder just to brush them off - and also not to scream.  So in a single file line we walked through the dark tunnel - it was scary and I was cold but luckily we did not have any encounters with bats.  The pictures I have are on my camera back at home (I'm not there right now) so next blog I'll be sure to upload some.

That same day we went to a surprise Bolivian birthday party.  The guys were super excited to dance - which is strange. haha.  But they got everyone in lines and blasted - are you ready for this? - none other than - Lecrae!  and some other christian rap I've never heard.  Here is one of the songs they had a dance to - God is Enough.  They then proceeded to do dance moves in a line dance style.  Before we knew it there were about 15 people doing the same dance moves to christian rap.  It's funny because earlier in the day one of my friends was trying to describe christian dance - and I was like - what is that?  Now I know.  The majority of the people at the party are part of a christian camp - where I am hoping to visit and volunteer.

Next Monday I will be using some of my savings to travel to Buenos Aires with another intern here - we will be there for 10 days.  My visa will expire here in September so if I want to leave the country I've got to do it before than.  I am super excited!

I don't have any cool pictures to upload.  But I will next time (hopefully).  :)

Alison Garza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON