Thursday, November 29, 2012

Beautiful Day!

It's a beautiful day out here.  I mean BEAUTIFUL.  I better enjoy this summer weather before my flight back to COLD chicago.

Come Lay 'Em Down - Needtobreathe

I am excited for these last few weeks, the schedule is filling up quickly with activities to do with the kids from the orphanage, at casa de amistad, and with the woman that recently exit the prison system at manos de libertad.  3 weeks - here we go!  P.S. I might try and sneak a camera into the female prison.

I mentioned in my last blog a trip to the jungle this past Thanksgiving.  Using our personal savings, we took the "Death Road" - the most dangerous road in the world to Coroico, a small town, where we signed up to repel down some waterfalls.  Here are some photos to recap.  I really really really like the jungle.

my favorite tree, the banana tree

Her Uncle is a professional bird watcher - legit

Got some bird watching lessons

Death road for a reason - two way road and only one vehicle fits

She's pointing to Coroico 

Death road



starting descent down a waterfall

Her Uncles did it too!  

floating down the river




trekking through the stream

Driving through La Paz, Bolivia - the main capital

somewhere in La Paz


Repel Repel!

Notice the wonderful model in the background.  Their manicans always have strange poses


Rain in the mountains

I'm the short one here...

After a long hike back up - super beauitful



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON