Saturday, November 17, 2012

Wow - Big God - Little Me

When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.  I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.  Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him.  Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong.  And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.  May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.  Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.  Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever!  Amen.

Ephesians 3:14-21

These verses got my attention tonight.  This prayer is powerful.

This week I have witnessed some of God's nature, beauty, artwork, and I can't quite put into words just how amazing all of it was. Of all the beautiful views I saw, by far, the most amazing view was one I couldn't quite capture with my camera - the stars.  There are so many constellations and stars that I had never seen before with my naked eye.  It was astounding.

That night as I laid in bed, I tried to remember the last time I had seen so many stars - it has been a couple of years.  The stars are always there shining bright, but it is something we don't always see - the view gets clouded by all the modern day technologies and the street lights and busy lives we lead.  Looking at those stars, all I could do was ponder just how BIG God is, and how Infinite his works are.  He has so much love to give.  How Deep, How Wide, How Long, How High is His love, and we still can't comprehend it.  The ability to see, taste, and hear his creation these past few days have been such a great blessing.  It leaves me speechless.

tons of llamas

salt flat crazy photos

jungle clouds in the mountains

laguna and my dirty sun stained feet







Geyser

running around and having fun


hot spring at a laguna

With friends somewhere in the jungle

A laguna

licking the salt








Sunrise at Salar De Uyuni


swimming against the current

tourists coming down to see the laguna



volcano, half is chile - half is Bolivia

Miriam with chicken head

tons of flamingos

In case you are wondering:  These photos were all from the past week.  The jungle photos are from a trip we took with some friends from church to Incachaca this past Sunday.  The rest of the photos are from a trip we took to Salar de Uyuni this past week using our personal savings.  I just got back this morning and am exhausted.  Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON