Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Photo Updates: dia de los muertos


Today I took a 3 hour nap - for whatever reason I am exhausted!  After this post I'll be hopping on a trufi, in the rain, and heading to plaza principal for the Tuesday night homeless ministry.  Here is a quick update complete with photos (out of order because I don't have time to mess with that).  :)

Also, you may see photos of Dia de Los Muertos.  This is a day that the catholics believe that the sky is opened and the deceased come down for a celebration.  So the family members set out food and candy for the deceased to feast on.  We went this past Saturday with a good friend to see his family celebrate it.

Walk with me - Lecrae  IT IS POURING.  I wish I could video this for you all, it's awessommme.  I get to go walk around the city in this.  o yays.


this past sunday I went to a soccer game.   Learned a lot of new cuss words in Spanish


I LOVE cotton candy.  So glad they sell it in this country too, and for much cheaper!

crazy weird house huh?  And random

Dia de los Muertos - my friend's mom decorating her father's grave

On Dia de los Muertos they set out food for the deceased to eat

Franx, VERY STRONG kid


93 years old and very lively

They gave me grape juice that tasted like wine to try: I took out the dead bugs when I drank it - had to finish it all, cultural


Grandma and mother decorating grave

It is currently raining - we are entering the rainy season.  Beautiful storms though

Maria

They gave us this plate to eat at the gravesite, had to finish it all - cultural


I went to a wedding and my friend made me go introduce myself to the bride and groom alone
but it was all good because than they put stuff in my hair and wanted a picture and gave me pop!

First motorcycle ride - super fun

police at soccer game, there were tons - in case a fight started

selling stuff everywhere

ladies at my church singing

My sisters: Tee and Gabby

that guy is waiting for a trufi

The wedding reception


Miriam, a good friend, and I, at the graveyard


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON