Monday, November 26, 2012

Small Reflections

I have a friend in the prison who asked for prayers this week.  A decision will be made regarding her case this Friday.  Either she stays for 3 more years or she gets set free.  I told her that I would pass on her prayer request to friends in the States as well.  Please pray that God´s will be done, and that if she does remain in the prison that God would use her as a light in the darkness and give her joy in the midst of these difficult times.  I will be visiting her again Thursday and we made a commitment to pray together about her case so prayers for good Spanish that day would be great!

Other than that, I was sitting next to a funny woman named Roxanna during Bible Study today.  She has to be my age or younger, I still have yet to ask.  The woman who leads the prayer session is pentacostal.  There can be some passionate prayer at times with woman weeping, small whispers and hands raised.  Often times I remain silent and pray with my eyes closed.  That is often times.  Today, however, my eyes were open.  Roxanna took note.  Roxanna put her hands over my eyes to close them, and continued to lean her head way down to make sure my eyes were closed.  Roxanna couldn´t sit still, I had the feeling she went to Bible Study for the free yarn that is given away after each session.  So she poked me, she knocked me, she made me laugh, and whispered in my ear.  I get along really well with her.  After the session, I asked Roxanna what she does during the day. Nothing.  No visitors?  none.  Ok.  I´m going to visit you I said.  This makes me happy that I have the opportunity to get to know Roxanna during my last weeks here but makes me sad because...it´s only 4 weeks. 

It made me think pretty hardcore while walking to this internet cafe (where I am presently).  Maybe I have 4 weeks left here with people like Roxanna, but when I go home, there are others I can get to know and visit. 

So I currently sit in an internet cafe with loud cars going by.  There are random people on either side of me surfing the web.  It is surreal to think back to all that God has done during my time here and the relationships that have been built.  Crazy incredible.  Just last night I was talking with a good friend about my plans when I go home.  Even I don´t know them, right now I´m just looking up, and moving forward with applications, one foot in front of the other. 

For thanksgiving weekend I went to visit an awesome jungle area.  I was also supposed to be travling this week, but I think God changed me a lot, because I chose not to travel and to be responsible.  What is that?!  I want to take advantage of the time I have here and be involved in the ministries more and have some boring writing to do - like I am supposed to be doing right now.


Alison

Con La Mano Levanta - Macaco

1 comment:

  1. You might want to watch and enjoy your video "Con La Mano Levanta" a lot before you come home....this video is not available in my country so I sit and wonder what made it so special to you. Maybe God answered Erika's prayer to see you again. She was all worked up about the bike ride on the treacherous mountain highway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON