Monday, September 24, 2012

Dog penalty

not the puppy he killed - but the cutest puppy I have ever seen
So today my friend was telling me a story about his day.  He said that one of their dogs was bothering his father.  The dog kept getting in his way and tripping him up - and this dog always bugged his dad.  So his dad - so annoyed by this dog - grabbed a cord, and snapped its neck.  In an instant, the dog died.   After killing the dog, his dad felt bad - explained my friend - so that is why his dad made it late to church.  He decided he had better go.

So - like a good American I decided to tell him about all the laws and groups we have in the States that advocate for animal rights.   He nodded his head and said - oh yes - I've heard about those laws in my professor's class.  Que bueno que no es asi aqui - How great that it isn't like that here.  I just laughed.  And so I continue to learn about cultural differences.

This past friday was "Dia de Amor, Dia de estudiante" and a whole lot of other celebration days.  The streets were full of vendors with flowers, balloons, and stuffed animals.  It was the Bolivian Valentines Day.  We visited the kids at the orphanage and celebrated all of their birthdays with a birthday cake.

This evening a friend from church was trying to teach me how to crotchet.  It is hard.  I have a lot of respect for people who sew and do crotchet.

Sweet Dreams!!  :)





Lisie and MOM! oovoo is so cool


bad quality - bad internet - but here is my fam oovooing me!

kitty love - took this for you Melissa


Dia de Amor - love stuff everywhere

2 Corinthians 12:9

Cochabamba at night


Tee playing guitar in her room - love spending time with her

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON