Saturday, September 1, 2012

Brain Dead


It is late at night.

Right now the moon is shining real bright and dogs are barking.  My stomach is a little bad tonight so I am having a difficult time sleeping.  Although, today I talked with a missionary from Costa Rica who told me that his years in Latin America have resulted in countless illnesses, and running from gun shots - 5 times - so I think I'm ok with an upset stomach.

Here is a good christian song in Spanish that I'm listening to Aqui Estoy.  AND for you English Speakers, I've also been listening to Like An Avalanche quite a bit.  Other than that - My mind is pretty much mush.  Sometimes that is the best way to be, makes it easier to sleep.  Even though it's 4:30 a.m. here.  It might just be best to stay up the whole night instead.  Anyone want to watch The Ultimate Gift with me over my laptop right now?  That's what I'm going to do - I've just decided.  

I have become a pro at killing bugs.  I know, that's horrible!  I used to save their lives, I used to run them outdoors and set them free, but there just comes a point when they get so big and annoying, and go in places that they shouldn't (like your bed) that a decision has to made quickly.  It's good decision making practice - this seems to be a running theme in life.

Ok one more song:  Like a Million parachutes - fitting for a late night in Bolivia, even though there is no snow falling and are no sleeping dogs

Cochabamba at night


I killed this bug.  It buzzed a lot and flew around like crazy.  Was it an extra large mosquito?  Also, it has been laying on my floor for about 4 days - I think I"ll clean it up tomorrow.
lets play a game:  Identify the insect.



3 comments:

  1. I vote for a really big mosquito! Watch out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! That bug is huge!
    Miss you and hope you're doing well!
    :)
    Melissa!

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON