Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hands and Feet

Listening to this right now (link below).  Heather Larson works at Willow Creek in the Global Connections Department.  If you're bored, have time, or can listen to stuff while at work - click on the link.  #touchesmyheart

Heather Larson Speaking On Global Justice

If you are unable to listen to the link -Below are 5 commitments that Heather asks the people to make in her speech

1.  I will See the needs of this world and not allow myself to get overwhelmed but  learn what is really happening in this world.

2.  I will Feel and allow my heart to be broken for the things that break the heart of God.

3.  I will Act.  Have the courage to Act.  There is a time to rise up and meet a need.

4.  I will Empower.  I will humble myself to lift up the gifts and abilities and talents that God has given someone else so that we might see them live out the God given calling that God has placed in their lives. (Where compassion and justice meet)

5.  I will Advocate.  I will help to give a name for peoples whose name and voices are not heard.

I want to add one point to her commitments - perhaps it encompasses it all

6.  I will Love.  I will give out the love that God has given me so that other might experience the joy of knowing God as their personal savior in this broken world.

"You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl.  Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

Mathew 5:14-16

Hands and Feet - The Brilliance  

P.S.  I need help with discernment.  Please pray for that.

Alison Garza

1 comment:

  1. Amazing song! Loved the piano, violin and of course the words!

    Loved your addition to Heather's commitments because without love, we are nothing!

    Know that people are reading this....just a little tricky and frustrating to figure out how to respond (have to sign in on an account before commenting). Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete

Thank so much! I really appreciate your comment!

ALISON